Quarterly Meeting Links
November 12, 2019 & December 5, 2019- Arts Providers participated in an opening circle activity and engaged in discussion with Candace Chester from Hartford Pubic Schools about how trauma shows up in the classroom and best ways to respond or give consequences. To review the meeting presentation click here: Restorative Environment_Trauma Informed 111219 Hartford Performs and to read the major takeaways read the notes pages here: Notes on Restorative Environment workshop Part I and II with Candace Chester
April 4 & 10, 2019 - Arts Providers gathered to learn more about Hartford Public Schools middle school redesign, strategies for engaging middle school students in programs, and Hartford Performs plans for listing programs separately PK – 5 and 6 – 8 for the 2019-2020 program roster. For strategies to engage middle school students, click here.
January 18, 2019 - Hartford Performs celebrated another successful year with food and art! Arts Providers shared a piece of their craft or a highlight from the classroom. Arts providers also gave valuable feedback on the importance of arts in the classroom and what they found useful and what they hope to get from quarterly meetings.
November 19, 2018 - Arts providers gathered to learn about Hartford Public Schools major action and district-wide implementation of guided reading and close reading across all content areas. Click here to learn more.
October 9th, 2018 - Hartford Performs partnered with Re-Center - Race and Equity in Education for an Arts and Equity Workshop about microagressions.
Arts Provider Quarterly Meeting Dates
2019 – 2020 School Year
*Quarterly meetings are open to arts providers actively listed on the Hartford Performs Program Roster for 2019- 2020
- August/September- Arts Provider Orientation Part I and II video and google classroom code: vpnr5b
- November 12, 2019 –Arts Provider Meeting #2 Nonprofit Center at 3:30pm-5:30pm
- January 10, 2020 – Arts Provider Meeting #3 Luncheon Celebration (midday)
- Week of April 15, 2020 – Arts Provider Meeting #4 (afternoon)- Location TBD
- January – March New Program Submission Process. For more information about new program submissions. Click Here.
Quarterly Meeting Feedback:
- We really enjoyed the RE-Center trainings and workshops and want more of that
- What are ways to involve parents more – Can we have an evening with food bring together artists and families for sharing?
- We enjoy the culture of having good food and bringing people together for discussion