Hartford Performs is a robust system of delivering quality arts education experiences to Hartford Public School students. To do that, we provide programs for both the students themselves and the adults who teach them.
Programs for Teaching Artists
To work effectively in the classroom, teaching artists need to keep current with changing academic standards and school district goals.
Several times each year, Hartford Performs offers professional-learning workshops for the teaching artists who deliver our student programs.
Recent workshop topics include:
- “Student Centered Learning”
- “Multiple Intelligences Theory and Practice”
- “Classroom Management”
- “Understanding and Incorporating Next Generation Science Standards in Student Programs”
As a member of the Partners in Education Program at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, we also have access to some of the most experienced and respected professional teaching artists in the country. We bring these nationally renowned teaching artists here to help our local teaching artists to sharpen their arts-education skills with workshops and seminars such as:
- “Laying a Foundation: Defining Arts Integration”
- “Planning and Presenting Effective Student Workshops”
- “Planning and Presenting Effective Teacher Workshops”